Tuesday, June 12, 2012

the lady of haiti

the lord truly works in mysterious ways - and now is just one more example of that proving to be true.

from the moment i decided to deepen my faith and relationship with CHRIST i felt drawn to our lady of perpetual help - for help is what i desired, craved, and needed to be drawn deeper into the folds of the love of CHRIST

our lady was not only the first icon i ever purchased  but the first one that hung above my first prayer shrine. i have recited and tried to live the novena more times than i can count:

Oh Mother of Perpetual Help, grant that I may ever invoke your powerful name, the protection of the living and the salvation of the dying. Purest Mary, let your name henceforth be ever on my lips. Delay not, Blessed Lady, to rescue me whenever I call on you. In my temptations, in my needs, I will never cease to call on you, ever repeating your sacred name, Mary, Mary. What a consolation, what sweetness, what confidence fills my soul when I utter your sacred name or even only think of you! I thank the Lord for having given you so sweet, so powerful, so lovely a name. But I will not be content with merely uttering your name. Let my love for you prompt me ever to hail you Mother of Perpetual Help. Mother of Perpetual Help, pray for me and grant 
me the favor I confidently ask of you.

then, in the midst of all of this, the opportunity arises for me to go to HAITI - to make change - to shift paradigms. 

and.
then.
it.
is.
discovered.                           =    the patron saint of HAITI is our lady of perpetual help.

any nervousness i have has now dissipated - evaporated - dissolved.

as i travel to HAITI in only two more days, i am strong. confident. courageous. the LORD is with me. his MOTHER is with what.

what have i to fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment